To increase the GDP of Southeast Asia through entrepreneurship, we need to make entrepreneurship more accessible. In talking to current and future founders, the most common obstacles are they (1) don't know how to start and/or (2) don't think they can do it. The former is solvable and the latter is rarely true. We believe producing practical, relevant, empathetic content is essential to solving both at scale.
The content associate will help the content lead produce a library of content and tools for current and future Iterative founders. That entails creating content (via interviews, research, etc.) and repurposing content that’s naturally generated as we work with companies during the batch.
In doing so, you’ll build relationships with founders from some of the fastest growing startups and gain insight into the challenges they face. This is a phenomenal role for someone who is interested in learning more about startups, is excited to interact with founders and is a clear and concise communicator.
You can see some of our existing content our blog, newsletter and podcast. We’re looking for someone to take it over and make it their own.
What You'll Do
- Develop Topics – Research, brainstorm and pitch segments, guests, and/or topics on a weekly basis
- Build Relationships – Develop relationships with founders and executives and collaborate with them on content and materials
- Content Production – Work collaboratively with the content lead on all aspects of production
- Logistics – Book guests and arrange interviews for live-to-tape recordings on Zencastr or on Zoom. Prep hosts for daily live-to-tape recordings, and pre-taped segments
- Editing – Draft and edit scripts with show producers and hosts. Help to direct segment tapings, providing constructive feedback and notes in real time. Organize and cut tape, prepare those segments for air (we can teach you)
- Social Media – Help manage the Iterative social media accounts
What You'll Bring
- No experience producing audio for radio or podcasts is necessary
- Clear, concise, personable communicator
- Open minded in running experiments and figuring out what’s working/not
- Fast-moving, value pragmatism over perfection
- Natural project manager, can set your own deadlines and stick to them
- Generous, scrappy, low ego, high enthusiasm
- Deeply curious, excited to learn, ready to nerd out on startup scaling, will go deep to learn something you aren’t familiar with